What is BMI?
BMI stands for body mass index. This index is used to determine obesity.
What information does the result of BMI calculator give us?
Using BMI, people can see a general view of their fitness status:
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, you are underweight and need to gain weight.
- If your BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9, you are in a healthy weight range and you do not need to lose or gain weight.
- If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, you are overweight and should lose weight.
- If your BMI is between 30 and 34.9, you are obese and should lose weight.
- If your BMI is higher than 35, you are extremely obese and you need to lose a lot of weight immediately.
Is BMI always correct?
BMI is one of the common indicators to diagnose health and obesity. Sometimes the number provided by this index is not correct! For example, for those who have a lot of muscle mass, this index may be wrong. For this group of people, it is better to use fat percentage.